It’s that time again. Where Marine Corps Times seeks out the unsung heroes from around the Corps and names one the “Marine of the Year.”
We aren’t looking for those Marines who make headlines for combat exploits. Instead, we’re looking for everyday heroes whose dedication, professionalism and concern for their fellow service members and community set a standard.
They lead by example — giving their time, sharing their knowledge and inspiring others — without drawing much attention to themselves.
Through April 20, we are accepting nominations for the 11th annual award from their peers, supervisors, family members and/or friends.
There are three ways to nominate — online, by mail or fax.
Please send us:
* Your name (nominator), address, phone number and e-mail address.
* The name, address, phone number and email address of the nominee and the unit commander.
* An explanation of why your nominee deserves this award, in 300 words or less.
* Names and contact information for three people who can verify the nominee’s achievements that took place in 2010.
For online submissions: http://www.marinecorpstimes.com/marine
* By e-mail: mailto:email@example.com
* By fax: Marine Corps Times Marine of the Year Award at 703-642-7325
* By mail: Marine Corps Times Marine of the Year Award, 6883 Commercial Dr., Springfield, VA 22159
The awards presentation will take place in mid-July on Capitol Hill in Washington, D.C.