Marine Corps Times is looking for heroes. Not the types who make headlines for combat exploits, but the quiet, everyday heroes whose dedication, professionalism, and concern for their fellow service members and community set a standard for us all.
They are unsung heroes who lead by example — giving their time, sharing their knowledge and inspiring others — without drawing much attention to themselves.
Through April 22, we are accepting nominations for the 11th annual award from their peers, supervisors, family members and/or friends.
There are three ways to nominate — online, by mail or fax. Provide:
* Your name (nominator), address, phone number and e-mail address.
* The name, address, phone number and e-mail address of the nominee and his/her unit commander.
* An explanation of why your nominee deserves this award, in 300 words or less.
* Names and contact information for three people who can verify the nominee’s achievements that took place in 2010.
For Online submissions, go here.
* By e-mail at email@example.com.
* By fax to Marine Corps Times Marine of the Year Award at 703-642-7325.
* By mail to Marine Corps Times Marine of the Year Award, 6883 Commercial Dr., Springfield, VA 22159.
The awards presentation will take place in mid-July on Capitol Hill in Washington, D.C.